UX Designer, Amazon Business - BUI (Austin or Seattle)
Amazon Business (AB) launched in 2015 to meet the business purchasing needs of commercial, government, education and non-profit customers of all sizes worldwide. Today, Amazon Business is loved by diverse customers in 9 countries worldwide (and growing), using experiences designed for desktop, mobile, to emerging smart-shelf technology. In 2021, Amazon Business reached $25 billion in sales, remaining one of Amazon’s fastest-growing segments. And we’re just getting started.
The Business User Interface (BUI) Design System team is responsible for creating a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of reusable user interface components, and the guided tools to empower AB teams. These teams create ready-to-use resources with modern web standards that meet usability and accessibility guidelines. We are a multidisciplinary team, passionate about innovation and solving complex problems.
Our team is seeking an experienced UX Designer who will help us design and build one of the most impactful modern design systems in Amazon. If you have a passion for front-end development, creating and evolving design systems, and want to work on some of the world’s biggest design and development challenges, JOIN OUR TEAM!
· Lead the design of scalable design patterns in a team environment.
· Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Foster a customer-obsessed design culture by sharing best practices and influencing product strategy.
· Define and socialize a clear vision for design innovation while not sacrificing speed of delivery.
· Promote collaboration and facilitate communication with stakeholders across diverse disciplines and geographies.
· Use systems-level design thinking to drive design solutions from your team that scale.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
· 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
· Experience working on Design Systems.
· Experience with design for business customers
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.