US General Medicine Medical Director
About the Role:
We are looking for a US Medical Director who will oversee our clinical delivery, aiming to deliver best-in-class, digital-first primary care at scale. Reporting to the Managing Director of US Clinical Operations, this role will provide clinical governance leadership and expertise to the clinical medical staff, ensuring clinical standards, safety, and outcomes are delivered at the highest level across all Babylon clinical programs. This is primarily a role of US oversight and scrutiny. Through innovation and forward thinking the US Medical Director will use their clinical knowledge and expertise to work with teams across the organization to build and deliver care that spans across the spectrum of 24/7 telemedicine to digital first primary care services and integrated care, taking into consideration state and federal regulations and global risk. A team of resources will be available to include: regional medical directors, state clinical leads and a quality and clinical affairs team.
Global Chief Medical Officer
- Provide leadership through medical direction, mentoring and supervision within their area of responsibility
- Evaluating the coordination of the medical team to ensure the success of the institution
- Assisting in the training and promotion of the medical staff
- Hire, recruit, train and manage employed medical providers
- Partners with Behavioral Health leadership to drive standardized Clinical Governance and an integrated, collaborative behavioral-medical model
- Partners with nursing leadership to establish coordinated standards of care and clear scope of practice
- General liaison to operational leadership, global clinical leaders, and US entity owners for clinical delivery
- Partners with clinical staff and clinical operational teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals.
- Represents clinical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to clinical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between Babylon leadership and locum and/or employed providers.
- Work closely with the Clinical Compliance Officer to oversee and implement systems for clinical governance including; risk management, program of audit, inspection, incident review, and patient experience. In association with the US and Global teams, develop verified and academically acceptable patient outcome measures.
- Evaluate and implement clinical redesign initiatives that promote the consistent delivery of high-value care.
- Ensure clinical development programs meet program quality and safety standards required by medical and regulatory agencies, providing leadership to medical affairs and (in association with the Pharmacy Director), drug safety/pharmacovigilance, and pharmacoeconomic activities.
- Interface with our product development leaders to help define target product profiles and successfully translate those into clinical development.
- Organizational lead for clinical governance standards and policies in line with global or regional best-practice and guidance
- Work closely with the Pharmacy director to deliver a program on US medication management
- As part of the Global Clinical Governance team develop company wide clinical dashboards of clinical performance indicators, analysing and interpreting the data to drive change where necessary.
- Working with the Global Clinical Governance team to ensure the quality and safety of clinical services including agreeing priorities when operational pressures arise such as; mobilisation and launch readiness of new programmes
- Champion the Quality Improvement methodology and work with clinical teams to improve patient pathways and clinical standards
- Provide clinical support and consultation regarding cost-effective clinical resources management in virtual practice by sharing reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness
- Participation in global Clinical Governance committee meetings
- Represent Babylon Health with regulatory and legislative agencies, advisory boards, Governments, conferences, and other potential customers addressing the scientific and medical/health aspects of our product portfolio
- Act as a champion for internal representation and education on the provider’s perspective, and provider engagement and clinical needs
- Work closely and effectively with the broader Clinical Operations team and other cross-functional teams to deliver overall operational excellence
- Identify staffing needs to hire and schedule physicians into these areas
- Assess, track and report on overall provider satisfaction and improvement strategies
- Evaluate and design initiatives to increase efficiency of provider workflows and high value care
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice required; Primary Care or public health background
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system preferred
- Current and clear medical licensure in any US state
- Current or past Board Certification required.
- Experience with digital first primary care services and/or telemedicine preferred.
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development, including development as a leader
- Effectiveness in leading physicians, collaboration and development
- Good understanding of and involvement in clinical governance
- Software and product methodology
- Financial acumen and can manage to budget and P&L
- Demonstrated effectiveness in cross-departmental collaboration
- Continued active clinical practice
- Experience with Athena EHR highly preferred
- Full time employment
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.