Requisition Number: AREAT02215
Area Tellers – Multiple Locations
University Federal Credit Union (UFCU) has amazing career opportunities in our Retail division. We are looking for Area Tellers to work at various locations. Please continue to read below for the list of branches. This is a fantastic opportunity to begin a career in the financial sector with Austin’s #1 mortgage lender. With a focus on our community, UFCU has received a “Best of the Best” awards from the Austin American Statesman—Best Credit Union, Best Mortgage Lender, and Best Bank. We have also been recognized for having a culture of workplace health—yes, we offer great benefits! At UFCU, we’re proud to focus on people—not profits. If you are a people person who is ready to start a career and be one of the best, we look forward to seeing your application! Apply online today at (link). Apply online today.
Under direct supervision a Teller must demonstrate behaviors critical to ensuring exceptional member service by processing transactions based on member requests and build member relationships by offering products that would benefit them. A Teller must be active in branch success, including sales success, accountability, detail orientation, stress management, problem solving and good judgment, effective communication, teamwork, and initiative.
As an Area Teller you will be primarily supporting the following two Branch locations:
Process member transactions and resolve issues of routine nature. Assist with general account support through various channels. Ensure operational compliance through drawer management, following opening and closing procedures, and filing required compliance reports.
As Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members. We’re proud to focus on people — not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
Consistently receiving awards as the Top Credit Union and Top Mortgage Company, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment where people care about each other – like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives – then we’re glad you’re here.
- Respond to and resolve basic member needs
- Serve as Lobby Lead
- Process transactions (includes shared branching)
- Conduct system navigation
- Process and assist with account support (includes online and mobile banking)
- Manage and balance drawer
- Complete opening and closing procedures
- File required compliance reports (CTR, SAR, etc.)
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Complete required regulatory Training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations.
- Basic understanding of products, services, financial center operations
- Basic knowledge of technology systems
- Strong ability to accurately handle and count cash
- Strong understanding of security and quality control policies
- Strong ability to provide exceptional member experience
- Strong ability to understand and adhere to financial institution compliance requirements
- Building Member Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence
- Focus on Results
- Decision Making
Minimum Requirements (Must have)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Six months or more of experience with cash handling, customer service, and working in a team environment
- Access to reliable transportation
Preferred Requirements (Nice to have)
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Financial institution experience
- Civic Responsibility
- Continuous Improvement
- Member Focus
- Interdepartmental Cooperation
- Personal Growth
- Standardized Work
- Promotion Opportunities
Things You Need to Know Before You Apply
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodation, in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, bending
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
- Use of hands and arms to reach
- Extensive use of the computer, requiring the specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions
- This position has direct exposure to possible robbery
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours
- May occasionally move from one work location/branch to another
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional appearance
- Frequent computer use at a workstation up to two hours at a time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate