The Client Data Management team (CTS) is responsible for leading the customer and account product domains across all of Schwab. Our vision is to champion innovation and technology to enable business capabilities and scalability. Within CDMT, the service availability engineering team supports all production applications and our drive to improve our DevOps culture with improvements in Release automation, Platform scalability/resiliency and proactive Production support. We're looking for a talented Technical Lead to help drive innovation in the services availability engineering organization. This is an opportunity to work on the next generation of Services and be a part of a cutting edge team respected for their products, services and client satisfaction.
What you are good at
- Lead and collaborate with team members (Development, Product Owners, QA, other technology partners) in designing, developing technical solutions, implementing best practices and efficiencies that optimize the organization's ability to meet stakeholder needs.
- Lead the root cause analysis of Production issues and identify opportunities to ensure High Availability and drive resiliency of CTS applications.
- Improve our CI CD capabilities to drive automation and robust deployments
- Advance our monitoring tools to improve on proactive alerting and automated run books to reduce MTTR and MTTD.
- Strive for high quality and rapid output through the use of agile software development best practices and collaborative planning
- Support Service oriented Architecture governance and Infrastructure currency, optimization and conversion activities
- Develop tactical and strategic roadmaps for the DevOps team, to improve the supportability of our applications and optimize the use of automation to drive innovation
- Drive architectural discussions centered around application resiliency across many different technologies (PCF, Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ, Java, .Net, Yugabytes, SQL, DB2, Informatica)
What you have
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry preferred
- 8+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies using Agile (Scrum/Kanban) processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services, spring framework and Java.
- Strong knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance and support
- Experience with CI CD – preferably the Atlassian suite
- Experience with monitoring tools – Splunk, AppDynamics, Moogsoft, etc.
- Experience with Private cloud – Pivotal Cloud Foundry or similar platforms
- Effective time management; must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- High enthusiasm to learn and contribute actively in an agile environment; you are a team player, self-motivated, and able to work collaboratively across organizations and geographic locations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field highly preferred
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow“ embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We're a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What's it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.