Silicon Labs is looking for a highly motivated Staff MCU Firmware Engineer to work on automotive radio receiver solutions. We are looking for creative, flexible, and self-motivated individuals with excellent communications skills, and a passion for problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
Why this position matters:
Silicon Labs has a track record of multiple industry firsts and of transforming and disrupting large and diversified markets. You will be part of a highly skilled team in which every member is critical to the success of Silicon Lab’s automotive radio products that combine performance and scalability. Silicon Labs is leading the effort of augmenting traditional analog radio reception with digital radio in many parts of the world. Our DSP and MCU Firmware Engineers work on products that support multiple digital radio broadcasting standards, for various geographic regions, such as DAB/DAB+ (Europe, Australia), DMB (S. Korea), HD-Radio (US), DRM (India, Brazil, S. Africa), and CDR (China).
What you will do:
As a Staff MCU Firmware Engineer, you will work with firmware, applications, and marketing teams to understand system-wide functionality, development, test & integration issues, and solution deployments with Tier 1 automotive customers. Candidates are expected to have the domain-knowledge and work experience in digital communications, signal processing, and software development.
What skill you will need:
- MSEE or MSCS degree required
- At least 10 years of experience in embedded firmware systems dealing with digital communications and signal processing algorithms
- Background in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Embedded firmware development
- RTOS development
- Firmware/software architecture, specification, and validation
- Analog and/or digital broadcast radio signal processing and communications
- Modeling of signal processing and digital communications systems in Matlab/Python/C++
- Audio encoding/decoding
- Background in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Agile software development
- Multi-rate signal processing (e.g. polyphase filter, Farrow filter, sample rate conversion)
- OFDM wireless standards (e.g. 802.11 WLAN, DVB, DAB/DAB+, DRM, HD-Radio, CDR)
- Channel equalization and adaptive filtering
- Audio signal processing
- Exposure to full firmware development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Excellent written, verbal, technical presentation, and communication skills
- Mentorship of junior embedded firmware engineers
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
- Great medical (Choice of PPO or Consumer Driven Health Plan with HSA), dental & vision plans
- Highly competitive salary
- 401k plan with match and Roth plan option
- Equity rewards (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/AD&D and disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance
- Back-Up childcare
- Additional benefit options (Commuter benefits, Legal benefits, Pet insurance)
- Up to 25 days off per full year, (2 weeks of vacation, 1 week floating holidays, & 10 company holidays)
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Charitable contribution match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free downtown parking
- Onsite gym
- Monthly wellness offerings
- Free snacks
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.