We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity, security and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
IoT Platform Software is looking for an engineering leader for our Austin based Radio Abstraction Interface Layer (RAIL) team. In this role, you will lead a talented team of software engineers while working closely with the Silicon IC Design team to define the new radio features and functionality in our wireless IoT ICs. The end goal is to provide core radio software support for wireless communications by the Silicon Labs wireless protocol teams and our end customers as they build amazing new IoT products.
What you will do
- Provide top-notch leadership, mentoring, and personnel management for the team.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of our radio physical and MAC layer code, system startup code, peripheral drivers, and system/verification test programs for all Silicon Labs low power wireless micros.
- Tune code for optimal resource utilization, reliability, performance and energy efficiency.
- Work with circuit and chip design teams to specify and verify new designs.
- Build project plans for your team to deliver complex new features based on team capacity.
- Balance innovation with execution to ensure that the projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Drive process changes to enable more efficient execution within the team.
- BS/MS in EE/ECE/CS or similar
- 3+ years of leading software engineering teams
- 7+ years of hands-on embedded software development
- Very substantial and proven C programming knowledge
- Strong background in highly resource-constrained, real-time, embedded environments
- Experience with Assembly Language for at least one MCU (e.g. ARM, RISC-V, AVR, MSP430, 8051 or HC08)
- Proficiency with electronics bench test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Detailed understanding and hands-on experience in software development lifecycle and methodologies, including traditional Agile and waterfall methods
- Experience in use of modern project management tools (Confluence, Jira, Portfolio Manager, MS Project, etc)
- Experience leading the interviewing and hiring of new full-time engineers
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in different locations
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Experience working at a semiconductor company
- Basic understanding of hardware IP architecture, development and verification
- Radio firmware experience at the PHY / MAC layers
- Zigbee, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, WiSun protocol stack experience
- Experience with hardware description language
- Great medical (Choice of PPO or Consumer Driven Health Plan with HSA), dental & vision plans
- Highly competitive salary
- 401k plan with match and Roth plan option
- Equity rewards (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/AD&D and disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance
- Back-Up childcare
- Additional benefit options (Commuter benefits, Legal benefits, Pet insurance)
- Flexible Vacation Plan
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Charitable contribution match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free downtown parking
- Onsite gym
- Monthly wellness offerings
- Free snacks
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.