Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
At Splunk, we are pioneering a new generation of observability tools for distributed applications and cloud-based environments. Our unique technology helps DevOps engineers and SREs see the complete picture of their distributed systems in seconds and accelerates fault resolution by monitoring communication between services. Our network monitoring technology has negligible overhead, no sampling, no per-service configuration or code changes, and can be deployed in minutes.
This is a chance to join a small, focused team within Splunk as we change the way engineers understand their production applications using observability tools. We're designing ways to visualize and summarize complex datasets, and offer great opportunities to impact the next generation of monitoring and observability tools.
What You'll Do
- Create features that help DevOps engineers, SREs, and application owners understand their distributed applications. This includes building interfaces for querying and visualizing network flow data, creating workflows for our users to share insights from that data, and connecting our UI to other observability tools.
- Develop frontend UI code primarily (TypeScript + React), and potentially contribute to backend microservices (Golang). Although you'll be frontend-focused, you'll likely help design and build the services that support our frontend.
- Contribute to a solid software design and engineering culture. You will own features end-to-end, which can include defining requirements, building & evaluating prototypes, and developing production code that is well-tested and easily maintainable.
- 3+ years of frontend development experience and expert knowledge of a modern frontend framework. We prefer that you have experience with React, TypeScript, and Redux. But, if you're a solid engineer who has experience with other frameworks, we'd like to hear from you.
- Demonstrated ability to write robust and maintainable components. You should be comfortable designing and building well-tested components that provide new insights or capabilities.
- Previous experience working on data-intensive applications. Since our platform monitors all traffic within our customer's environments at per-second resolution, we hope that you know how to create scalable data-focused web applications and with intuitive data visualization.
- Excellent technical communication skills. Since we're a distributed team, we are looking for an engineer who can effectively share complex technical ideas through design docs, Slack, video conferencing, and code reviews.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token (JWT). Experience with building SaaS multi-tenant applications using OAuth or SAML authentication providers.
- Familiarity in working on all layers of modern web applications including backend services and data processing pipelines.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend, and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.