Software Engineer - Cloud
· Increase B2B revenue and create sources of recurring revenue for eero beyond hardware sales
· Enable our B2B partners to deploy eeros efficiently and develop features for them to support their customers
· Build consistent user experience across software interfaces (Mobile, Data as a Service, APIs, Web)
· Add visibility into metrics and promote customer satisfaction
A day in the life
As a Software Engineer on the Commerce team, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with Design, Product, Legal, Security, and Finance to enhance our B2B and B2C customer experience, integrate with partners across domains, and scale our industry presence. From designing and developing APIs to integrate with business partners, to scaling our services to handle an exponential increase in customer volume, you will evolve our services to handle continuous requests from around the world.
About the hiring group
We are scaling the eero Commerce team and are looking for a motivated and experienced software engineer to help us build word-class software that is scalable, highly available, maintainable, and secure. We own and power the entire lifecycle of a member state — including acquisition, payment integration, plans and pricing, membership history, and billing for eero customers around the world. Our goal is to build products, features, and services in partnership with other organizations at eero to better serve our customers.
· Build services that handle billions of requests each day from eero devices, mobile apps, and internal tools
· Collaborate with peers across Engineering, Product, Design, and Marketing to shape our product vision and build exciting business and customer facing features
· Enhance and optimize existing services to improve reliability, scalability, and flexibility
· Provide mentorship to other cloud engineers and help change development processes to increase developer productivity and project predictability.
· Define, design, and develop the tactical direction of our server side and middle-ware services
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Ability to design and build microservice-based distributed systems
· Skilled and experienced in developing across the entire development stack, solving significant technical challenges: scalability, latency, and reliability
· Have experience with one or more of: Scala, Akka, Play framework, Postgres
· Experience with service-oriented architectures and web application/API development
· Ability to drive technical architecture discussions and help inform decisions
· Experience writing technical specifications and documentation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.