ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops application improvements and supports the existing data exchange application as defined by product requirements.
- Participates in team scrums, code reviews and requirements gathering process.
- Completes all assigned tasks with minimal assistance, with high quality, and on time.
- Provides assistance to other team members by being available to answer questions and performing code reviews.
- Shows initiative in improving Benefitfocus coding standards and product lines by suggesting new ideas and methods.
- Maintains great working relationships with other team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development.
- 2-5 years of experience in software development recommended in addition to education requirements.
- Fundamental knowledge of technical competencies [as provided by the hiring manager].
- Proven track record of working both independently and collaboratively with multiple engineering teams to complete coding assignments.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience with version control processes
- SQL integration development utilizing one or more of: Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with unit testing PREFERRED SKILLS
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Spring Batch
- JBoss Drools
- XSD, XML XSLT processing
- PostgreSQL and Oracle