Software Development Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a team of engineers in building the next generation email platform using native AWS technologies. In this role, you’ll help guide your team to invent solutions in the emerging serverless technology stack to deliver an email platform to support transactional and marketing emails. You will be responsible for direct management of a team of engineers, coaching and hiring talent, creating a culture of rigorous engineering, and defining and executing delivery plans.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
· 7+ years software development experience.
· 3+ years of experience managing software development teams.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline; in lieu of this degree, additional work experience will be considered
· Masters in Software Engineering or Business Administration
· Exhibit a strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, preferably in data, analytics or marketing domains
· Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and non-technical leaders
· Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems
· Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems, business intelligence products
· Experience with AWS Redshift, Simple Storage Service (S3), EMR, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), or CloudFront
· Possess expertise delivering projects with Agile methodologies
· Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us