Software Development Engineer in Test - Amazon Glow
Amazon Glow smart team are doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a SDET II (Embedded Firmware), you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for customers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will participate in the , integration and improvement of the FW stacks for the main computational board embedded in our devices. This includes designing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software on our hardware platform, including device drivers, Linux kernel modules, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and debugging hard to diagnose platform issues.
We are open to hiring in: Seattle, Austin and the Bay Area Ca.
Join Our Team:
Come be a part of the mission to improve children’s lifelong outcomes by helping them connect with adult loved ones, no matter how near or far. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Description of Glow: “A new-to-world virtual, connected, and projected interaction model designed to help children and remote loved ones play, create, read, learn and have fun together as if they are right next to each other.”
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer with coding skills in an embedded environment
· Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
· Ability to write code for devices, testing tools, services, and test frameworks
· Ability to write code to packages tests into regression test suites
· Ability to work with Factory
· Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
· Professional experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate across domains and time zones
· Bachelor's Degree in computer science (or related field)
· Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an QA role
· Object-oriented and coding skills
· Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software methodologies
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Capable of digging into the business needs and translating them into test plans and processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.