Software Development Engineer, Prime Video Lifecycle
We are the Prime Video Live Events Lifecycle team, we revolutionize the way our customers discover and enjoy live events from sports, to music, to breaking news and political debates. In September 2018, we launched our first full-scale live streaming experience to all of our world-wide Prime customers with NFL’s Thursday Night Football. That was just the start. Our team is expanding not just the breadth of live content Prime Video offers but also the depth of the experience. This is a transformative opportunity, the chance to be in the vanguard of a program that will revolutionize Prime Video and the live streaming experience of customers everywhere. Our Austin, TX team is building a wide variety of services from low-latency, high-TPS services that impact the lifecycle of live events and the customer experience but also the customer engagement.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions starting from proposed requirements.
- Create low level designs for technical problems.
- Collaborate with peer software developers to communicate status and understand problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and propose long term solutions.
- Actively participate in agile and scrum team processes.
- Identify performance and scaling requirements for their service and scale them appropriately.
A day in the life
We are looking for a motivated Software Development Engineers who will join our diverse team and help in building personalized discovery experience for thousands of live streaming events available world-wide using technologies such as machine learning. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing and implementing distributed systems to handle large datasets, complex domains, and problems at Amazon scale, this job is for you.
This is an exciting role in Austin TX, one of the best cities for tech career, offering a customer-obsessed engineer to learn and use a broad array of technologies to make a real impact. Our architecture leverages the latest in AWS cloud technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Cloud front in supporting billions of requests from millions of Prime Video users.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Graduate degree in a related technical field
- Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of functional architecture a plus
- Experience with AWS services highly desirable
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.