Software Development Engineer
At Amazon, the Last Mile Technology organization is responsible for envisioning and developing cutting edge initiatives in delivering packages to our customers as fast and as cost effectively as possible. We utilize multiple delivery methods, business models and delivery station processes to achieve these goals. In 2019, we delivered 3.5 billion packages worldwide and continue to operate at increasingly large scale.
The Dispatch Automation team automates the dispatch process at Last Mile delivery stations, coordinating multiple planning and execution systems, such as route creation, package containerization and route to driver assignment. In addition to orchestrating the entire process, we own several individual planning systems, including route to driver assignment and route departure planning. The team's innovation focus is on continuous dispatch, managing planning orchestration in the recently launched Sub-Same-Day-Delivery and Amazon Robotics stations.
As an SDE on the Dispatch Automation team, you will utilize the latest AWS technologies to author automation tools and workflows, work with Senior and Principal Engineers to design fault-tolerant performant software, and partner with Research Scientists to develop new algorithms to optimize dispatch of parcels from Last Mile Delivery Stations.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience in optimization algorithms development (e.g, supply chain optimization, operations research, network design, machine learning, etc.) and/or the transportation domain
· Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
· Ability to tackle big, challenging problems and resolve ambiguity in the customer's favor.
· Experience defining system architectures and designs, exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs, and making data-driven decisions.
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us