Software Dev Eng. (SDE II) - Prime Video, Live Events Life Cycle Orchestration
We are the Prime Video Live Events team, revolutionize the way our customers search, discover and enjoy live events from sports, to music, to breaking news and political debates. We are expanding our team in Austin, to build innovative solutions for customers to discover engaging and personalized live content to enjoy. This is a transformative opportunity, the chance to be at the vanguard of a program that will revolutionize Prime Video live streaming experience for customers everywhere. We are expanding and looking for engineers, for our team in Austin, TX, to build innovative solutions for customer to discover engaging and personalized live content to enjoy.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions starting from proposed requirements.
- Create high level and low level designs for technical problems.
- Collaborate with peer software developers and stake holders to communicate status and understand problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and propose long term solutions.
- Mentor other peer engineers or SDE interns and keep them productive.
- Actively participate in agile and scrum team processes.
- Identify performance and scaling requirements for their service and scale them appropriately.
A day in the life
We are looking for smart, motivated Software Development Engineers who can help in building personalized discovery experience for thousands of live streaming events available world-wide using technologies like machine learning. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing and implementing distributed systems to handle large datasets, complex domains, and problems at Amazon scale, this is the job for you. This is an exciting role, offering a customer-obsessed engineer to learn and use a broad array of technologies to make a real impact. Our architecture leverages the latest in AWS cloud technologies including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Cloudfront in supporting billions of requests from millions of Prime Video users.
About the team
We are the Prime Video Live Events team, revolutionize the way our customers search, discover and enjoy live events from sports, to music, to breaking news and political debates. In September 2018 we launched our first full-scale live streaming experience to all of our world-wide Prime customers with NFL’s Thursday Night Football. In just a year, we delivered multi-game watching experience to our Prime Video customers in UK for English Premier League . That was just the start. We are expanding and looking for engineers, for our team in Austin, TX, to build innovative solutions for customers to discover engaging and personalized live content to enjoy.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Graduate degree in a related technical field
- Experience with critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
- Fluency in more than one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Go, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of functional architecture is a plus
- Experience with AWS services highly desirable
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.