Sr. UX Manager, Design, Connections
Amazon Connections is a mechanism to listen to and learn from employees at scale so we can eliminate pain points that get in the way of customer obsession, develop managers and leaders, and make the employee experience better every day. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real time information to learn more about employee’s experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world.
Key job responsibilities
We’re seeking a customer-focused UX Design and Research Manager who can work with customers, engineers, researchers and product managers to build engaging customer experiences for the Connections product portfolio including delivery UI, reporting tools, content management and user research.
You will be responsible for crafting user needs and product vision into useful and delightful customer experiences. A successful candidate will have a passion for designing innovative user interfaces informed by customer research, industry best practices, and iterative testing. They will be able to explore multiple design solutions to a given problem or feature, and communicate those solutions visually through sketches, user flows, wireframes, functional prototypes, and/or high-fidelity designs, as necessary. They will possess excellent communication skills, strong project management skills, and the ability to relentlessly advocate for the customer while delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
Finally, the candidate must have an interest and passion around the employee experience, improving the workplace, and driving internal change that enables employees to deliver for customers more effectively. This is a role for someone who wants to bring their design and research expertise to an ambiguous space with lots of opportunity for innovation.
- 10+ years of design experience
- Experience managing teams
- Minimum 6+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or similar UX-related role
- Minimum 6+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating intuitive end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- High proficiency in design and prototype tools (Figma, Sketch, XD, InVision, Keynote, After Effects, etc.)
- Experience managing user research and usability testing
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior management
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Experience with UserTesting.com, Qualtrics and similar UX research tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of information architecture, usability, UX, and UI Design
- Experience working on complex dashboards and data visualization
- Experience working with economists, researchers and data scientists
- Experience working with React UI components
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Hands-on experience conducting primary qualitative research in an applied settings
- Experience with managing all stages of qualitative research in an applied setting (study design, operational execution, data analysis, and devising customer insights/recommendations).
- Experience working with large, complex data sets and working knowledge of quantitative, behavioural analysis and statistics.
- Experience with managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders with varying UX Design/Research experience levels.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.