Requisition Number: SRUXD01426
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PORTFOLIO AS A LINK OR ATTACHMENT FOR CONSIDERATION.
Macmillan Learning partners with the world’s best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers to facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that sparks student engagement and improve outcomes. We’re looking for a Sr. UX Designer to help us transform online education.
Reporting to the Principal Design Director, you will advise a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team of designers. This person will partner with UX researchers, product managers, and learning scientists to develop innovative, useful user experiences for students and instructors.
Location: Due to COVID19, Macmillan Learning is operating remotely until at least June 2021. This role is on-site in our Austin office once we are able to return safely.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design sophisticated interactive experiences for web, desktop, and mobile applications
- Responsible for all aspects of interaction design for our products, including audience and task analysis, market analysis, heuristic evaluations, task flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Drive collaboration with partners and build alignment of product, business, and user goals to enable the design of impactful experiences
- Build design artifacts such as task flows, low and high fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and mockups
- Participate in product conceptualization and lead conceptual development
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually
- Represent UX on an interdisciplinary team that includes UX researchers, product owners, learning science, and software developers
- Participate in requirements gathering and facilitate discovery workshops
- Assist with current state assessments of business processes and supporting systems
- Perform gap and data analysis in support of identifying improvement opportunities
- Support technical leads and developers by providing functional clarification and setting expectations with team and client
- 5+ years’ experience designing sophisticated web and/or product applications
- Experience conducting or participating in user research, including interviews, usability testing, and surveys
- Usage and deep understanding of personas and other methods for understanding and empathizing with target audiences
- Creation of content inventory, analysis, design requirements, and task flows
- Strong and flexible skills in wireframing and interaction design
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications
- Ability to solve problems, identify solutions, and appropriately raise issues
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Axure, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, or similar
- Deep experience with information architecture (IA) and interaction design (IxD)
- Experience in responsive and adaptive design practices
- Aid in creation of business requirements documentation
- Experience gathering and detailing user and design requirements, and contributing in working sessions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent digital literacy and proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Located near or willing to commute to Austin office 2+ days a week
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in user experience, interaction design, or a related design field
- Strong experience with data visualization, especially dashboards
- Experience in agile software development
- Able to operate in a fast-paced technical environment
Regular full-time and qualifying part-time employees and their dependents are eligible for Macmillan benefits, effective on the employee’s date of hire. Macmillan also offers health benefits coverage to qualifying same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners (may require additional documentation) of active employees.
- Competitive pay and bonus plan
- Generous health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) including PPO, HSA and FSA options
- Contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off policy and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program, Education Assistance Program
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- And much more!
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Late Nite Labs, EBI-MAPworks, i
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. You can read more about our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion initiatives here.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.