Senior Systems Engineer (DevOps, AWS)
AT&T Cybersecurity provides threat detection and response as a service to thousands of customers around the globe.
We are looking to grow our team of experienced cloud DevOps engineers. If you are experienced with public cloud, infrastructure as code, container deployments, and data pipelines, we could be the perfect next move for your career.
We operate in AWS and Azure, in multiple regions, running thousands of instances. We build and operate modern infrastructure using DevOps tooling such as Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Terraform, and more.
If you are up to the challenge of running a large fleet managing petabytes of data we’d love to hear from you.
This position requires US Citizenship and must be performed in the continental United States. Remote work is allowed with periodic travel to Austin and Dallas Texas.
You must have production experience in public cloud. You must know the characteristics of a well architected cloud application but also understand how to plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain migrated workloads as well.
This position requires periodic on-call duties for production incident escalations from level one support after hours.
You must be fluent in English and have good written communication skills.
Ideally you will have direct experience in several of the following technologies and platforms:
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Shell Scripts
- Build Pipelines
- Monitoring Tools
- Cloud Security
Required Qualifications -
- 5-8 years related technical architect experience.
- Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure (including blade center design, data warehouse design, Ebusiness/web hosting design, etc.)
- Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
- Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Knowledge in voice, video, and app technologies (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.).
- Understands wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum).
Desired Qualifications -
- AS degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
- Experience in building multiple versions of large customer facing systems addressing performance and scale.
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams