Senior Solutions Architect Specialists - AWS Outposts
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS World Wide Specialists Organization is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices, and solving complex business challenges focusing on the AWS Outposts service. Outposts brings native AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can use the same APIs, the same tools, the same hardware, and the same functionality across on-premises and the cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. Outposts can be used to support workloads that need to remain on-premises due to low latency or local data processing needs. AWS Outposts infrastructure is fully managed, maintained, and supported by AWS to deliver access to the latest AWS services.
As a Solutions Architect for Outposts - you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to redefine how customers create, compute, and consume cloud services at a scale not seen before. You will be at the tip of the spear for technology thought leadership and implementation with major customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a deep understanding of cloud and on premise use cases, architectures, workflow and ecosystem. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Successful candidates will also possess:
· Deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing
· Customer facing skills ideally gained within a partner/consulting organization and have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 7+years experience managing any of the following virtualization technologies: VMware, KVM, HyperV, RHEV, Xen Hypervisor.
· 7+years experience managing Linux or Windows operating systems.
· 5+ years experience with enterprise Compute, Storage, and Networking Infrastructure.
· 3+ years experience with Infra as code, containers (K8's / Docker), CI/CD, and Application Monitoring and Metrics.
· 3+ years experience migrating application to the cloud or architecting hybrid applications.
· Experience designing infrastructure or applications for high availability, business continuance, and disaster recovery.
· Experience working with business development, enterprise account management, strategic partnerships, software development and/or program/product teams
· Experience with data center implementations
· Experience with cloud computing and/or related fields (IT, software, etc) including AWS services
· MBA / MS or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.