Sr. Solutions Architect, Engineering and Design, Worldwide Specialist Organization
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our rapidly growing Cross Industry Technology team. You would be part of a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to use cases in digital engineering and design common in product development in all industries.
As a Solutions Architect with a specialty in Engineering and Design you will be supporting some of the most challenging cross industry scenarios migrating on-premises R&D workloads to help customers, scale innovation, reduce costs, drive efficiency resulting in shorter product development cycles and faster time to market.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions for business challenges, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures with the worldwide AWS Solutions Architect community.
You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging what many think impossible, come build the future with us.
Key job responsibilities
* Supporting other SAs in the team and customers to provide specialist knowledge of Engineering and Design applications migration and modernization to help them accelerate product development and be a trusted advisor in that domain;
* Educating customers and partners on the latest AWS technologies in machine learning, compute, storage and networking and the solutions to integrate them for modern product development;
* Engage with business leaders, technologists and line of business applications owners as well as product engineers at our customers to help them to solve problems and gain insight using the latest technologies and methodologies;
* Help customers imagine the art of the possible, accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their business outcomes;
* Take part in and lead deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create world-class, Well Architected engineering solutions across industries and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs;
* Develop and share best practice knowledge, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) with the worldwide AWS solutions architecture organization and the AWS customers and partners community;
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science, or related degree;
* Experience implementing Computer Aided Design applications at scale: Creo, NX, Catia, Solidworks, Fusion360;
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting scale-out Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software applications from at least one of the main Engineering/Research verticals like Life Sciences, Aerospace, Automotive, and Semiconductor (EDA);
* Experience implementing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and/or Product Document Management (PDM) applications at scale: Windchill, Teamcenter, Enovia/3DEXPERIENCE, Solidworks PDM, Aras;
* Experience with scripting: bash, Python and troubleshooting Linux applications.
* Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell
* AWS Certifications like AWS Solution Architect Associate/Professional.
* Production experience with one or more HPC job scheduler: Grid Engine, LSF, PBS, SLURM, Torque, HTCondor, Symphony, GRID Server, Windows HPC Pack.
* Experience with HPC/HTC/Technical Computing software applications from at least one of the main Engineering/Research verticals like Life Sciences, Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Electronics
* Experience with Storage technologies architecture, deployment and tuning.
* Previous experience with Enterprises and Research institutions operating or architecting HPC environments.
* Good communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.