Sr. Software Engineer, On Road Driver Experience
Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to deliver packages to the customer's door step!
Our team is seeking a talented SDE to help build the core delivery services supporting the driver delivery app. The successful candidate is expected to have deep technical experience with backend development and be able to deliver projects end to end from design to launch. As an experienced member of the team, you will be expected to not only own the end to end success of your projects, but also to mentor others and raise the bar for the team as a whole. We're looking for someone who is passionate and cares deeply about making our drivers’ lives better.
About Last Mile:
Amazon’s Last Mile delivery efforts help get customer packages from delivery stations to a customer’s doorstep. Amazon has grown its last mile delivery efforts helping to speed up customer delivery times and provide new innovations to customers. Working on the front lines of our Last Mile tech team means that daily, you have a tangible impact on an Amazon customer’s experience getting his or her package. Amazon’s Last Mile teams deliver packages (and groceries, Prime Now, third party, and Restaurant orders) to homes, businesses, Amazon Lockers, and even cars all over the world! This network is powered by hundreds of small businesses and tens of thousands of drivers that leverage Amazon's technology to deliver millions of smiles to customers each day. The technology innovations that are developed by the Last Mile tech team help scale this exponentially growing part of our network and include a wide breath of solutions from ML and operations research based routing and planning algorithms, our own in-house maps and navigation platform, IoT and hardware innovations, doorstep delivery experience, and the consumer grade native mobile apps that brings all these experiences together.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Master's degree or relevant work experience.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.