Charles Schwab's Software Development Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. Advisor Services Technology is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineers in Test to work on Schwab's premier custody platform, Schwab Advisor Center, focused on our online trading capabilities. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The successful candidate will have a track record of success and passion for the space, leading the team to the next level of test automation excellence. Our engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you are good at
- Collaborate with Automation experts to plan, design, mange, report and prioritize software test automation solutions with Dev and QA engineers across the broader organization.
- Promote excellent development practices for coded test frameworks, to include conducting code reviews and source control management.
- Support multiple agile product teams to craft test automation strategies and execution
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams through script automation for web services, APIs, middleware, UI, etc. Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous test automation
- Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation and maintenance of automation scripts through various programming languages supported by the firm.
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical guidance and work closely with offshore QA Automation teams to create agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab's SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems
- Mentor peers and staff on test engineering for QA, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors.
What you have
- 6+ years in Software Quality Assurance, with an emphasis on hands on application test automation experience in participating and/or leading Automation QA delivery of software projects, preferably in a regulated industry
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learningStrong programming, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills including ability to disseminate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- 2+ years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture Quality Assurance, and thorough knowledge of testing API orchestration layers and Understanding of QA practices (black box testing, risk-based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices)
- Strong technical competency in an OOP language such as C#.NET/Java or an expert in test automation tools preferably in a Java/Maven environment and the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Zephyr, Confluence), Selenium or other industry leading tool sets
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
- Experience in developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing
- Working knowledge of Agile, Iterative development process
- Knowledge of trading industry practices and terminology is a big plus, but not required as long as you have an interest in becoming an expert. We will be happy to teach you.
- Real-Time Messaging interfaces such as RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.) domain
- Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/GIT etc.)
- Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber
- Experience testing applications running on Cloud environment
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow“ embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We're a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What's it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.