Location: Durham, NC and Austin, TX
The Senior Scrum Master will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching skills while supporting the development of software applications in the mobile advertising space. The successful candidate will have excellent logic and problem-solving skills and strive to make a difference. They will be responsible for guiding Delivery Teams using Scrum, removing impediments from the Team, and promoting self-management while improving our adoption of Agile concepts.
Skills and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of Agile values and software development methodologies
- Knows what it takes to be a great Scrum Master, coach, and servant-leader
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Skilled in the areas of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and increasing openness throughout the business
- Knowledge of patterns and anti-patterns for Scrum (example: responding to change, defects, what to do at the end of a sprint)
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to navigate ambiguous situations where precedents may be lacking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- 5+ years of Project Management and Scrum Master experience
- 3+ years of Team Lead experience
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
Experience that will set you apart:
- Experience in environments with scaled Agile practices, Lean, Kanban, and distributed teams
- Certified Scrum Master and Project Management Professional
- Experience in small, fast-paced start-up environments with the ability to work independently
- Big data or mobile advertising experience
- Technical background within software development
- You are a self-described “master facilitator“ and “Agile champion“
About Digital Turbine:
At Digital Turbine, we believe there is better way for smartphone users to discover new apps and content. Our Mobile Delivery Platform makes it easier than ever for people to discover new apps frictionlessly, for operators and OEMs to build new revenue streams, and for advertisers reach users at scale. We are a global mobile technology company that is passionate about delivering the right content to the right person at the right time. Digital Turbine has delivered more than one billion app installs for hundreds of advertisers. More than 22 million smartphone users engage with Digital Turbine's software technology each month across more than 30 global operators and OEMs.
Reasons to Work for Digital Turbine:
- Rapid growth – We're growing quickly which gives our employees exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a significant impact on the company's future.
- Laid back work environment – Employees enjoy coming to work in jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with their laptop.
- Stock options – All employees are expected to make an impact, so everyone is granted stock options when they join the company.
- Free food & drinks – Our kitchens are stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks to help get you through each day.
- An exciting, evolving industry – The mobile app business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are always adapting to stay ahead of the curve.
- Beer Fridays – Every Friday afternoon, the company breaks away from work to come together and unwind after a busy week.
- Healthy work/life balance. We work hard but respect our employee's life outside of the office and general well-being. We offer an unlimited vacation policy!
- Opportunity to work with the industry's top talent – Many of our employees have over a decade's worth of experience in the mobile app space. We are a company of 'A' players and only look for the best people to join our team.
- Everyone has a voice and can make their mark – Every employee has the opportunity to implement new processes, design new programs, and be creative within their unique role.
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.