Sr. Program Manager
At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers. Employees come to Amazon to do meaningful work, and we make that easier by removing barriers, fixing defects, and enabling self-service.
We are looking for a Sr. Program Manager for Screening Services, to be a single-threaded leader in the transportation screening space. The diversity of workers at Amazon is unprecedented, and this creates a significant opportunity for a new leader. Amazon is the fastest growing large employer in the world, and we need to deliver screening services, including background checks and drug tests, at the fastest rate, with the highest quality, and with the maximum flexibility – a unique business problem that no other company in the world is facing.
In this role, you will interact with fast-moving business stakeholders and compliance leaders supporting Amazon's Transportations operations and your challenge will be to design, deliver and maintain optimized and flexible shared service (consisting of third-party vendors and internal operations) that responds quickly to diverse and quickly changing needs but remains accurate and compliant with both Amazon policies and federal DOT requirements. You will require attention to detail, high quality standards, data-driven judgment, and the ability to innovate with out-of-the-box solutions to earn trust and deliver significant impact to business customers. This includes listening to the voice of the customer and continuously re-inventing existing programs to better serve these customers. Successful Program Managers within this group are innovators who can pivot quickly, thrive in ambiguous environments, turn unrealized ideas into tactical solutions, and consistently raise the bar for high standards.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leadership – Manage initiatives, programs and services; work to understand the space; develop and implement long-term scalable solutions; drive alignment between stakeholders through strong leadership when necessary
- Innovation – Understand current state, and identify creative solutions to shift the way we think about our programs and services; move beyond our current approach to view our space from an entirely new lens
- Deliver Solutions - Design and implement new or modified processes to meet short-term and long-term needs related to Screening programs; build on past experience with successful project delivery, particularly in deploying services and technologies at scale
- Communication - Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and senior business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Measurement - Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs; balance skills to dive deep into the data to drive decisions, while also maintaining strategic long-term view
This role can be based in one of offices in Seattle-WA, Arlington-VA, Nashville-TN, Dallas-TX, Phoenix-AZ, Boston-MA, Austin-TX, Irvine-CA, New York-NY, San Francisco-CA, Chicago-IL or Houston-TX.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- 8+ years’ experience in program management or other strategic roles delivering quality and compliance solutions
- Intermediate to Expert Excel skills
- Experience building RACI's and driving alignment between cross-functional teams
- A passion for invention, experimentation, and learning.
- Quick self-started learner with a desire to deep dive and leverage data to drive decisions
- A strong track record of sustained and continuously improving operational excellence.
- Proven ability communicating and influencing across job levels with both internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.