Sr. Product Manager - Amazon Business
Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing business, where you can feel in a start-up mode and reshape buying for US businesses?
Since 2015, Amazon Business (AB) has been helping companies to save time and money by shopping and selling smarter. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy products in bulk quantities to run their business smoothly. Business customers have different and more complex needs than the traditional Amazon customer base.
Within the AB US, small business customers are a key segment to attend, both in terms of their unique purchasing behavior and their impact in revenue. AB US team is seeking a results-driven, customer-focused, and innovative Sr. Product Manager to drive the development of this customer segment and launch product and features suited to accelerate their growth.
An ideal candidate is someone with a high degree of ownership, who likes experimenting and setting high standards, with a roll up your sleeves attitude. Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities. This person must have a high degree of autonomy with the ability to develop solutions and drive projects forward with minimal guidance. Candidate will need to develop in-depth understanding of the business and champion the needs of AB US small business customers, in order to deliver sustainable growth (both in revenue and profitability). Candidate must be able to think strategically, yet execute methodically to deliver to the highest standards. Also, candidate is able to quickly earn trust and has a strong team orientation with the ability to influence others and gain consensus, in an environment that is more start-up than big company.
Key job responsibilities
· P&L owner of a segment of AB US customers.
· Establish KPIs, identify gaps, and improve performance of AB small business customers in US.
· Actively identify and resolve both strategic and tactical issues that may impair the ability to meet strategic, financial, and product roadmap goals for AB small business customers in US
· Lead the development of the product vision, strategy and roadmap for these customers.
· Capture, document, and communicate business requirements. Translate requirements into features and user stories.
· Own project status updates to stakeholders and leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· 7+ years product/project management experience and/or business leadership experience in technology context
· Experience communicating and presenting to Sr. leadership, including technical and non-technical individuals
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· MBA preferred, or Masters in equivalent field
· Proficiency with SQL
· Track record of completing medium to large-scale projects from initiation to delivery
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.