Sr. Partner Marketing Manager, Compute
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly capable, self-directed Senior Partner Marketing Manager, to help drive customer adoption of AWS’s cloud computing platform with silicon partners like AMD and NVIDIA. If you have a passion for the cloud, love helping technology partners reach their full potential, and are an expert in designing and implementing joint marketing plans – then we’re looking for you.
Amazon EC2 is at the core of AWS— giving customers secure, scalable, global cloud compute infrastructure while paying only for what they use. AWS compute services power customer workloads from high performance computing to data analytics, machine learning, enterprise application and web servers and more. AWS is looking for someone to help build awareness and drive service adoption through global co-marketing initiatives with strategic infrastructure partners.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the AWS compute product portfolio and priority customer segments and work directly with top technology partners to develop and deliver marketing programs that acquire new customers, retain and grow existing segments, and grow revenue from AWS services. You will be responsible for designing product-level integrated campaign strategies and executing marketing programs that include customer targeting, geography, marketing channels, content development, and measurement. You will act as the primary marketing contact for the AWS Partner Development Manager (PDM sales) team, product marketing, and field marketing teams--participating in regular team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions. As the primary marketing contact and consultant for these strategic partners, you will define the global strategy and work across AWS and partner marketing teams to build and execute annual joint marketing plans and programs. You will constantly monitor and support AWS utilization of partner Market Development Funds (MDF), and be the expert resource on process, guidelines, and compliance for internal marketing teams and partners.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner marketing. They have a champion for the end customer and love building and executing integrated joint marketing campaigns with global reach. This is a unique opportunity to play a highly visible role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business. You must have a willingness to travel to meet with sales leaders, partners, attend events and support marketing execution
This position will be located in Seattle or San Francisco. Relocation offered within the US only.
- Work closely with the Product and Field Marketing as well as Partner Business Development (PDM) leaders to identify priorities and partner marketing initiatives
- Define annual joint marketing strategies, objectives and measures of success with strategic technology partners
- Develop and execute best-in-class partner marketing plans that effectively drive awareness and adoption of AWS compute services
- Design partner marketing programs and campaigns that are either executed globally, or delivered to regional marketing teams for local activation
- Develop detailed campaign project plans, including goals, messaging, calls to action, marketing distribution channels, follow-up activities, and success metrics
- Facilitate executive alignment between AWS and partner marketing leadership—managing executive business reviews, dashboards and reporting
- Manage annual partner MDF budget – tracking accruals, marketing spend and reimbursement claims
- Work closely with AWS partners and AWS product marketing to build joint value proposition messaging and content
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technology partner marketing, product marketing and demand generation in B2B companies
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- 7+ years of experience designing and executing results based joint marketing plans with global strategic alliance partners
- 7+ years of experience building global partner marketing strategies and programs
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner ecosystem
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, technology products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
- Experience with cloud compute technologies and companies.
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in the complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in marketing roles that are customer, partner and field-facing
- Excellent project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and other marketing software will be helpful
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $118k -160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Benefits overview: https://amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/benefitsoverview-us