Silicon Valley Bank is seeking a data-driven and analytical professional for our newly formed Marketing Analytics team. You will support advanced analytics in a fast paced, high energy environment. You will focus on producing key performance insights to help grow our business. Be a key driver in creating a culture of data-driven decision making.
Your expertise will help our integrated marketing strategists and performance marketers to solve business problems, drive value, and gain strategy and insight.You will address short-term and long-range strategic business questions, provide high level forecasting, build business scenarios, provide marketplace and consumer-driven recommendations and optimize marketing ROI.
- Develop, optimize, and implement metrics-based dashboards to monitor full marketing funnel engagement
- Measure effectiveness across client journeys
- Review, adjust, and optimize metrics based on feedback from marketing and BU leadership all while measuring and mapping year-over-year pacing and progress against goals.
- Provides strategic insights derived from marketing and sales data that drive investment and client experience decisions, and communicate insights to marketing strategists, market research & insights analysts and channel strategists
- Ability to analyze complex data into digestible and actionable data visualizations and recommendations
- Contribute to the development and optimization methodologies to measure effectiveness of campaigns across multiple channels
- Demonstrated analytical background and deep experience with advanced marketing analytics, ROI/financial modeling, media-mix models, MTA and other analysis
- Knowledge of advanced methods such as artificial intelligence and machine learning related to marketing is preferable.
- Strong analytical skills a must with emphasis on ROI/attribution analysis and funnel optimization
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Ability to track, measure, and report on results of various marketing functions to determine ROI
- Data-driven orientation and the ability to leverage data strategically to link back to the higher-level business objective
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong ability to convert complex data into insights and actionable plans.
- Must have prior experience with these tools: Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics, Oracle database, A/B testing tool (Optimizely)
- Nice to have prior experience with these tools: MAP (Marketo), CRM (Dynamics 365/SFDC) and other databases
- Be able to work in an Agile set up is preferable
- Works well with technical and management teams
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, and consulting skills
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, investigative mindset, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to be agile & nimble to changing business conditions, strong collaboration and teamwork across different functional groups to contribute to a productive work culture. Lead strategically and create trust and respect within the department.
- Highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid and demanding environment
Education and Experience
- 6 years of experience in marketing data analytics with a strong focus on building data architectures and analytics to measure marketing influence on revenue
- 5 years of experience with SQL
- 4 years of experience with Google Analytics.
- 2 year of experience with A/B testing tool (Optimizely)
- BS, BA or equivalent in Math, Computer Science or related fields required; MBA or MS in Statistics, Math or related fields a plus
- 5 years in B2B marketing / financial services
- Knowledge of statistical modeling a plus