Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
What's cool about this job.
WP Engine empowers everyone—from entrepreneurs to global brands—to build breakthrough digital experiences on WordPress and drive their business forward faster.
We are a fast-growing technology company. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment for passionate people who want to learn, innovate, and positively impact the lives of customers, team members and their communities.
The day to day.
As the technology leader for the Employee Experience function, you are responsible for the design, delivery and optimization of core HR systems and processes. This includes product management of our HRIS, reporting and analytics, compliance, along with related project and program management. We are looking for a service-oriented leader, technologist and systems thinker to help us scale and continuously improve our reliability, decision support, and the overall positive impact of Employee Experience.
- Management and strategic oversight of core EE platforms, including our UltiPro HRIS. You will apply principles from Product Management to build a feature roadmap, feature release and training/awareness strategy around UltiPro and other core systems
- Lead the selection and integration process for all subsequent HR-platforms (a compensation planning tool, for example) to ensure a cohesive application strategy
- Manage and negotiate systems vendor relationships
- Develop a team with the needed functional and technical skills required to meet our growing application portfolio and changing technology needs.
- Acts as a change agent focused on identifying technical solutions for today and tomorrow. Delivers right mix of operations, delivery, strategy and innovation.
- Provides technical and systems thought leadership, bringing knowledge and solutions to drive our Workplace of Choice strategy. Embraces next generation ways of doing work.
- Drive decisions for action and efficiency (technical and process), find solid workarounds to roadblocks, and improves our ability to scale while holding true to our employee-centric delivery model.
- Ensures that all system users have the training and documentation required to be successful in their work.
- Drives to organize & visualize our data in ways that are useful, secure and that inform the priorities of employee experience.
Your skills and expertise.
- 5+ years experience managing the delivery of Ultimate Software applications and products, previous experience with payroll and acquisition integrations
- Embraces working in high-growth mode with a positive, flexible, problem solving approach and perseverance despite obstacles and ambiguity
- You understand the core functionality of HR systems and know how to map processes, build reports and automate all the things
- You have experience facilitating and leading process / requirements building & design workshops
- Able to translate business requirements to system design requirements
- You are highly analytical and enjoy using data to tell a story and build influence
- You are a solid communicator who cultivates positive relationships with people across functions, levels and geographies
The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.