Requisition Number: SENIO02948
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 80,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of more than $80 billion.
Position Title: Senior Integration Manager – Network Deployment Innovations - 8E
The Senior Integration Manager – Network Deployment Innovation will lead the introduction and integration of graduated innovations projects into Crown Castle Fiber’s Engineering and Operations standards and procedures. Network Deployment Innovation is a national team responsible for the conception, development, and launch of innovations intended to improve the cost, complexity and velocity of fiber deployment. The scope covered by this team includes but is not limited to innovations on product, process, design, and network architecture. The Senior Integration Manager – Network Deployment Innovation will work closely with innovation projects in progress, taking them from the final stages of development and integrating directly with members of the regional engineering and operations teams to introduce, train, customize and support the initial deployment of innovations projects graduating from the testing and development phase to general availability. The Senior Integration Manager – Network Deployment Innovation will define and publish region specific standards and process documentation and through iteration with members of the NDI team further refine and perfect innovations utilizing the data and feedback collected during the GA Ramp cycle.
The Senior Integration Manager – Network Deployment Innovation will mesh with the Fiber Capital Management team on evaluating cost savings assumptions and refining deployment cost expectations relative to innovations in the GA ramp phase of integration.
The position will work with all Fiber Engineering & Operations functional areas on improving the quality of Innovations Team processes, deliverables, and the innovations integration process with Engineering and Ops teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Work directly with the leaders for the district’s fiber design, fiber construction and field operations teams. Working where applicable with the District Director to help refine, support, and integrate innovations into the engineering and operations playbooks.
- Track and support the development of KPIs, deliverables, and supporting workflows in order to measure operational performance and identify areas of opportunity for improved process efficiencies and performance.
- Interface with and focus on the strategic growth and development of the district in partnership with the district sales leadership; and foster an environment focused on continued network growth and expansion
- This position will also monitor and analyze quality metrics across people, network deployments, process and technology, as well as participate in recommending and implementing changes based upon results.
- Maintain knowledge of technology in use, and/or under development for its impact or potential impact on the operational business process.
- Collaboratively work with other cross functional members of the Operations, Engineering, and Sales teams
- Build company image by collaborating with customers and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
- If applicable, maintain district data for centralized functions such as fleet and inventory.
- Track organizational priorities, organize meetings and track action items and create reports, presentations, and other activities as dictated by the business
- Develop and coach both direct employees, as well as ensuring similar opportunities through-out the team. Identify training gaps and create a career path for team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Master’s in engineering preferred
- Minimum eight (8) years of telecommunications experience or equivalent work experience required
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Principles and/or PMP certification a plus
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lead geographically distributed team who are managing multiple projects and tasks across several areas within the district
- Must have strong cross-functional collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to successfully influence other business functions and engineering teams, including executive management
- The ideal candidate will possess both an expertise in reporting as well as an understanding of workflows, customer needs, and underlying technology
- The candidate must have strong analytical skills and proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence. Candidate must exhibit the ability to assess the priority and severity of issues by understanding business objectives, technical costs, and user needs as well as weigh alternatives for resolution. Curiosity, initiative, and drive, along with the ability to quickly learn new technology, and a willingness to think strategically and tactically will be critical to success in this position.
- Proven people and project management skills
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems and institute remedies
- The individual must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct himself/herself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
Reports to: Director Network Deployment Innovation
Title(s) of direct reports: N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Travel required when necessary. Could be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions as needed.
Additional Information: N/A