About Silicon Labs
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal hardware engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, internet infrastructure, and automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
How the Timing Firmware Team Works
Silicon Labs’ Timing Division is focused on creating a new generation of clock, oscillator and network synchronization products. Our team designs system-on-chip hardware and software for precision timing chips. These chips drive growth in 5G infrastructure, optical networking, data centers, medical and broadcast equipment through best-in class jitter performance and advanced synchronization features. The Timing Firmware team is comprised of the brightest and most innovative engineers in the semiconductor industry, working on a variety of different technologies such as PLLs , IEEE1588 network synchronization, FPGA reference designs to name a few. Timing FW team works very closely with design and systems engineers as well as lead customers to bring these solutions to market.
Silicon Labs seeks an Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to work on the software and tools used in our wireless networking technology. As part of our timing software team you will help create and extend the code that presents a consistent, well-structured, well-documented, high-quality interface to our timing solutions.
- Participate in the design, development and testing of our software platform as a member of the timing products firmware team.
- Design and maintain the bare metal firmware for our timing ICs targeting such applications as 5G, data centers, and telecommunications.
- Tune code for optimal resource utilization, reliability, performance and energy efficiency.
- Maintain and implement automated test environment and regression tests.
- Work with circuit and chip design teams to specify and verify new designs.
- BS/MS in EE/ECE/CS or similar.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Solid C Language and Python skills.
- Experience working in Linux systems.
- Experience with GIT and version control
- Background in real time embedded environments.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Experience specifying hardware requirements and working with hardware engineers.
- Proficiency with electronics bench test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with hardware description language is a plus.
- Great medical (Choice of PPO or Consumer Driven Health Plan with HSA), dental & vision plans
- Highly competitive salary
- 401k plan with match and Roth plan option
- Equity rewards (RSUs)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life/AD&D and disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Adoption assistance
- Back-Up childcare
- Additional benefit options (Commuter benefits, Legal benefits, Pet insurance)
- Flexible vacation policy
- 11 paid company holidays
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Charitable contribution match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free downtown parking
- Onsite gym
- Monthly wellness offerings
- Free snacks
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.