Join Our Community of Food People!
Supervise, plan, and direct the daily activities of the division's Sales Coordinators and monitor and assess their individual performance against key performance indicators, ensuring timely, accurate responses to DSM / Territory Managers and customers. Develop policies and procedures to ensure consistent sales experience, customer service and satisfaction. Recommend focus areas to promote products or services to fulfill customer needs based on data analytics, Territory Manager and customer feedback. Responsible for managing all aspects of the division's Sales Coordinator function in support of Field Sales, including achieving objectives and executing initiatives that ensure consistent experiences and satisfaction. Resolve escalated issues with orders, delivery dates, service, and/or any other concerns that may arise. Back up the Customer Service Manager – National Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of the Sales Coordinator team and function, as well as all supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited to, staffing/hiring, performance management, training and development, employment actions, and other similar Human Resources' activities (e.g., dispute resolution, vacation approvals, approvals for paid, unpaid leave, merit increases, etc.).
- Evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of Sales Coordinator team and relevant service and systems. Develop and implement customer service procedures as necessary. Coordinate activities with other departments to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate training for Sales Coordinators, including, but not limited to, new employee and on-going training on customer service best practices, product knowledge, etc.
- Determine Sales Coordinator schedules to ensure adequate coverage of all inbound/outbound customer and Territory Manager and/or District Sales Manager calls throughout each business day.
- Assist Sales Coordinators in escalating inquiries to Division and Region Category Management teams, Replenishment Coordinators, Division Pricing Lead and Customer Solutions Resources as required.
- Attend department sales meetings, product trainings and cuttings to build and enhance product and vendor knowledge.
- Coordinate and schedule weekly weekend coverage by Sales Coordinator.
- Coordinate and schedule Sales Coordinator vacation / absences' coverage to Territory Managers.
- Utilize U.S. Foodservice systems and tools to quickly answer queries escalated by Sales Coordinators.
Education/Training: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Related Experience: At least five (5) years of previous customer service experience required. At least two (2) years of previous management experience required. Food service/distribution experience preferred. Previous sales experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong computer skills / aptitudes in applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and problem resolution abilities required. Candidate should have management/supervisory experience, a customer service orientation, with ability to influence/persuade customers to purchase products. Strong people management skills required. Must also be able to process multiple issues simultaneously, driving them to successful resolution.
- EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*