At an intermediate, negotiates real estate acquisitions and land rights on behalf of LCRA including but not limited to, land use agreements and leases, rights of way, and easements. Resolves disputes over property rights, boundaries, and use of LCRA property. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Coordinates activities between LCRA and landowners in negotiations involving real estate purchases, sales, leases, and easements as required for LCRA's operations.
- Handles acquisitions for land rights to purchase, lease or gain rights of way for the construction and maintenance of new transmission lines, water systems and other LCRA projects.
- Performs acquisition of properties, which involve multiple stakeholders and/or are located in urban areas requiring knowledge of development codes and other ordinances.
- Is responsible for surveys, appraisals, and other real estate assessments.
- Coordinates and monitors projects worked on by contract real estate/right-of-way agents. Reviews invoices, analyzes costs and recommends payment for work performed.
- Reviews titles and clears title problems and solve closing issues. Examines other documents to assist in the development of contracts, agreements, and the like. May prepare necessary documentation for the acquisition or disposal of easements or property owned by LCRA.
- Responds to landowner concerns and requests by finding and interpreting LCRA easement rights through the IREMS system, coordinating with the transmission line department to determine feasibility of such requests and proposals, and negotiating with landowners regarding miscellaneous requests such as LCRA's help/assistance with certain services (i.e. build a road, put in a culvert, move a transmission line).
- Reviews, evaluates, and maintains a working knowledge and inventory of LCRA's easement assets. Recommends actions to improve the quality of right-of-way to facilitate current and future construction.
- Maintains working knowledge of GIS techniques to provide GIS and mapping support to provide easy access to real estate information for internal staff, customers, and outside contractors.
- Ensures environmental assessments are performed. May coordinate and/or assist/participate in assessments.
- Prepares board agenda items, participates in public meetings, and testifies in eminent domain proceedings as required. Reviews petition and provides information to the Legal department. Performs complete discoveries for condemnation cases and explains processes to non-technical audiences.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with other staff to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as necessary.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
Right - of - Way Agent II
Six or more years of experience in real estate negotiations, appraisal, land acquisition, title research, landowner relations, contract negotiation, or utility infrastructure project coordination. A degree(s) in real estate, project management, business, law, engineering, environmental science, geographic information systems, or a relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
Right - of- Way Agent Senior
Nine or more years of experience in real estate negotiations, appraisal, land acquisition, title research, landowner relations, contract negotiation, or utility infrastructure project coordination. A degree(s) in real estate, project management, business, law, engineering, environmental science, geographic information systems, or a relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.