Retail Store Manager (Far West)
Who We Are:
Winner of the Austin Chronicle’s “Best of Austin” for eight years running, Tomlinson’s is passionate about helping our customers find the right nutrition for their pets. Because of our dedicated, bright, and talented Team Members, we are THE local leader for healthy, natural pet nutrition.
Who We’re Looking for:
We are seeking a Store Manager who shares Tomlinson’s values and believes in our mission.
The Store Manager is a role model who is dedicated to coaching and motivating their team. Our Store Managers spend the majority of their time on the floor working alongside their team and training on product knowledge and customer delight. Tomlinson’s Store Managers are paid hourly and annual compensation starts at $50,000 per year with overtime pay, plus monthly bonuses.
This is not working at your average pet store and no one day on the job is the same. But…
….on a typical day, you will:
- Cultivate a positive store environment where employees feel supported and are excited to come to work.
- Ensure that customer service and satisfaction exceed our clients' expectations.
- Direct sales in accordance with Tomlinson’s philosophy and procedures (selling customers everything they need or want, and not more).
- Oversee daily store operations in accordance with Tomlinson’s standards.
- Foster clear and open communication between store staff and central office.
- Procure product and maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Train staff in customer delight, product knowledge, and operations.
- Maintain store appearance, and a professional personal appearance.
- Keep your store fully stocked at all times.
- Merchandise product as directed by the Merchandising Manager.
- Manage staff scheduling to ensure proper employee coverage for all business hours.
What you bring to the table:
Each team member is a crucial part of his or her store and provides Tomlinson’s customers with top-notch service. Our happiest, most successful team members are:
- Pet Lovers (obviously!): you make it your business to make our customer's pets happy
- People-Persons: you enjoy meeting and truly getting to know customers
- Team Players: you thrive in a team environment
- Self-Motivated: you love the sense of accomplishment from seeing a task through to completion
- Uses good judgment: You can make decisions that reflect best judgment and understanding of Tomlinson’s principles and practices
- Passionate Learners: you crave knowledge and are constantly learning new things
- Results-Driven: you take on and tackle goals with enthusiasm
Working at Tomlinson’s Feed comes with benefits and passing out belly rubs to customer pets is only one of them.
- Competitive salary, including overtime pay and monthly bonuses
- One of the most generous Employee Discounts in the business!
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Paid product and retail sales training
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Open-Door Office Policy
Benefits to full-time Team Members include:
- Paid Time Off
- Up to $560 per year to volunteer with a non-profit organization of your choice.
- Medical Benefits including dental and vision
- Paid Holidays
The Store Manager's schedule is at least 40 hours per week. Additional overtime is required (and paid) as needed. The position is non-exempt. The ability to work weekends on a regular basis and at least one evening per week is a must.
We are open every day except New Year's, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, all of which are fully paid holidays at Tomlinson's. Availability during the two weeks preceding Christmas is a requirement of all Tomlinson's employees. Travel between stores and our Central Austin corporate office is regularly necessary.
This position requires you to be on your feet for the majority of your shift. You must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis in order to stock the store and to do carry-outs for customers.
At least three years of leadership experience is required for this position. While retail and pet care experience is nice to have, we are only interested in hiring truly caring and compassionate people who sincerely share our values and have the vision, discipline, desire, drive, and interpersonal skills needed for leading a team.
Want to learn more? Check out our careers page.