Research & Insights Senior Manager , READI
Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. The Recruiting Engine Analytics Data and Insights Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon with the mission to make Amazon the most scientific Recruiting organization on earth.
Key job responsibilities
We're looking for a Senior Research and insights Manager who combines exceptional technical, research and analytical capabilities to lead a team that will be integral to making Amazon Recruiting the most scientific Recruiting organization on earth. As a Research and Insights Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of research scientists, data experts and Business Intelligence engineers to support business partners across the company.
Who you are:
You are a creative, collaborative leader who likes to be close to the details - including your customers, your team, the research and data. You're a manager who is excited to build and grow and team of analytic and data professionals, establish the roadmap for the team, and prioritize the work to deliver the best results for your customers. You're inspired and motivated to build a team of people who can and will exercise their creativity in problem solving at Amazon’s Recruiting scale.
About the Role:
This role will allow you to leverage your experience in Statistics, primary research, project management, and experience leading teams. Day to day, the activities include coordinating research and insight priorities, reporting on progress via weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews, resolving research blockers and bottlenecks, and identifying ways to continuously improve insight quality and delivery speed. Product management skills, strategic thinking, clear communication, and deep analytical expertise are critical to effectively delivering the research that helps our Recruiters hiring the best most diverse workforce in the world. The successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into ambiguous situations, possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams, and feels comfortable influencing at all levels.
- Drive strategic research and analytics
- Manage research requests and projects
- Determine the most appropriate research methodology and techniques and developing research plans and timelines
- Build strong working relationships across teams to align teams on study design, keep stakeholders informed of progress, and ensure key milestones and deliverables are completed on schedule
- Have the ability to collaborate, work cross-functionally and communicate effectively across multiple business functions and geographies.
- Derive recommendations from analysis that have impact on multiple teams and provide significant business value
- Influence development roadmaps to build scalability and automation into reporting and analysis
- Improve the quality of our existing recommendations and reports
A day in the life
READI is a single-threaded organization responsible for building, leading, and standardizing Recruiting data and analytics with the goal of reducing time to insights by driving a coordinated data management program through ownership of end-to-end source-to-insight metrics.
About the team
The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative heavy field - Business, Sociology, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· Demonstrated strength in Statistics, SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· Experience with one or more major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI
· Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
· Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
· 5+ years of hand-on experience with multiple analytics framework development platforms such as R, Python, SQL, AWS Services etc.
· Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
· Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. Ability to work collaboratively with non-technical customers and team members and translate business questions into analytical requirements with ease.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.