Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
Our Global Communications team tells the Lime story to the media and our external partners. We engage local and national press, and third-party partners to share the value of micromobility and how Lime is transforming lives and communities. Whether it’s our work in sustainability with Lime Green, our commitment to opening up access to equitable transportation options, or our partnerships with cities around the globe to help tackle their most pressing challenges, the Communications team is on the front lines of amplifying the impact we’re having at the local, national and international levels.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Communications team based in Austin oversee the Central region of our US market. You will report to the head of public affairs, and work closely with global and regional Communications teams, as well as a diverse group, including Lime’s Government Relations, Operations and Legal teams. As regional lead, your primary responsibility will be managing proactive and reactive communications strategies in markets across the Central region.
What You'll Do
- Manage Lime’s brand and tell our story to local media and third parties in cities across the Central US region, proactively demonstrating our positive impact in communities and reactively managing issues and media inquiries
- Partner with Government Relations team to develop policy communications strategies and engage media and stakeholders around state and local micromobity rules and regulations
- Collaborate with Consumer and Corporate Communications team members to localize our corporate initiatives, sharing news around tech, product and company-wide announcements
- Partner with local operations teams in Central region to support market growth objectives and brand building activities
- Develop quality, clear and creative communications material, including press releases, talking points, messaging and presentations
- 7+ years of experience in Communications or Public Affairs
- On-the-record media experience and established history of building and fostering media relationships with local outlets and/or national business, tech and policy publications
- Great deal of understanding of the policy issues related to Lime’s products and services, and a familiarity with relevant stakeholders and media influencers
- An entrepreneurial spirit along with the drive to take on projects and plans, with an ability to be nimble and quickly change direction
- Compelling, authentic and persuasive communications style, with excellent written and verbal communication skills under pressure and with high stakes
- Personal passion for sustainable urban transportation and an ability to evangelize its benefits to cities and stakeholders.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in communities around the globe with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.