The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the Asset Management team's ongoing development project at The Independent, a downtown Austin condominium mixed use project.
This is a part-time, contract role that is expected to end December 2020. A flexible 20 hours per week is expected. This role would be ideal for someone who possess an interest in construction and/or a real estate development career. Previous development/construction experience or education is preferred.
- Communicate with existing building residents on outstanding warranty and punch list requests
- Maintain a resident database in conjunction with ProHome, the project's third-party customer service center
- Visit residential units to photograph and document items requested
- Coordinate work requests and approvals with the VP of Asset Management for processing
- Work with building contractors to coordinate completion of work requested
- Act as developer representative to coordinate unforeseen requests in conjunction with building management.
- Track costs associated with approved work requests.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Customer Service – Committed to getting to know and understanding the needs of your customer.
- Creativity - Show imagination. Generate new ideas to problems or innovate around already established approaches.
- Organization– Plan and organize tasks in an efficient productive manner. Focus on key priorities. Can juggle multiple projects.
- Quality – Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality performance
- Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Cope effectively with complexity. Flexes around new ideas, processes or environments.
- Undergraduate degree (can be ongoing) Finance and Engineering majors with a focus on Real Estate preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced Excel
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work across several other functional areas within the organization
- Self-starter with a solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven environment