Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world's largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world's most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
We're looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team in Austin, TX. This role is responsible for improving, designing, and developing applications to support Trend Micro's vulnerability intelligence efforts. The vulnerability intelligence capability leverages globally-distributed vulnerability research and threat sensors to deliver actionable guidance to the product teams inside Trend Micro.
Duties & Responsibilities
The developer will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining secure, efficient, reusable, and reliable code for a Rails-based web app including HTML, JS, and CSS. The role requires collaboration with users as well as integration with a DevOps philosophy that includes secure continuous integration (CI) using a test-driven mindset. “Infrastructure as code“ is an organization-wide goal and management is committed to realizing it.
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and common supporting databases
- 1+ years of experience in JS, HTML, CSS (SCSS), jQuery
- 1+ years of experience with responsive web development
- 1+ years of experience with popular virtualization and containerization technologies
- Experience using Git version control system
- Experience developing with front-end and back-end frameworks and single page applications
- Testing using RSpec and Capybara or other acceptance testing methodology
- Experience working with REST APIs or building an API from scratch
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with ELM is a plus
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.