You have a passion for mobile gaming and a love for testing. Along with your proactive work ethic, you have a team-oriented personality that will champion the quality review process in our games. With the intent to grow your skills in Quality Assurance, you are looking to build a career in the games industry.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join us in our Austin office.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You can expect to:
- Lead a QA team for a specific project/game, providing direction and priorities for Analysts assigned to that project.
- Coordinate with Production and Design teams to determine task priority and feature vision.
- Drive the creation and execution of a Test Plan/Schedule for an individual project.
- Be responsible for the verification of deliverables as well as the successful testing and reporting of defects for the assigned project.
- Ensure that the assigned project is receiving the appropriate level of staffing and testing coverage from internal and external QA.
- Communicate project status at regular intervals to a variety of audiences in a variety of formats.
- Effectively manage risks.
- Be responsible for the career development of individual QA Analysts.
- Promote a positive culture based on mutual respect, passion, and desire for growth.
- Advocate for a high-quality product; promotes a “quality first“ approach to decision making.
- Provide input into hiring decisions.
- Create and coordinate meetings as necessary.
- Drive the assigned project to hit KPI targets.
- Able to solely perform the QA function for team, including managing build deployments, daily smoke testing.
Your background includes:
- Advanced QA methodologies and process knowledge.
- 5+ years in a QA/Dev Support role including 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with internal and external QA partners, as well as Development and Production.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Sharp attention to detail paired with a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Agile experience preferred.
- Strong desire to improve processes.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of the software test cycle process.
- Experience and familiarity with mobile gaming platforms and the free-to-play genre.
- Experience designing test sweeps.
- Experience designing training modules.
- Experience proctoring qualitative playtests.
- Experience hiring and managing tier-1 testers.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience creating build scripts
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Experience with AppStore and Google Play Store submissions
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.