Quality Assurance Engineer
The Consumer Electronics retail organization's mission is to make Amazon the preferred destination for customers to discover and acquire all of their CE product and service needs. Our team includes many tenured Amazonians and we are committed to a culture of Diversity and Inclusion as well as teaching/training to help you grow in your role via processes like Lunch and Learn Series. We enjoy hard work, solving complex problems as well as weekly hangouts, bi-weekly Friday gaming parties and overall a fun environment. It is still Day 1 here!
We need a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to work on our applications. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic QA Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
Our QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they are more grey box, able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Java, Perl, or similar scripting technology. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. They should also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments. They create regression tests and drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, we want to talk to you about joining us in CETech.
Position available for Austin, Denver and Seattle.
For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $105,000/Year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
· Hands on experience with scripting/coding.
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· BS in Computer Science or 4+ years equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Degree in related technical field and 2+ years of relevant QA experience
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Basic Coding/Scripting experience
- 5+ years relevant QA experience
- Experience in UI automation
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously while delivering results