Program Manager, Transportation Operations Management (TOM) Technology
Amazon's Transportation Operations Management (TOM) Technology group is driving change in the Middle Mile. The TOM team is looking for a Program Manager around the Nashville area (location flexible within the region). In this role, you would be responsible for coordinating across the organization to successfully launch and integrate new tech innovations and operational processes to be used in TOM’s Transportation, Yard, and Gate operations.
In 2022 and beyond, TOM will be rolling out innovative solutions to improve Yard and Gate operations to create safer and more streamlined processes. These processes will provide a better environment for our associates in the yard while being able to scale with Amazon’s ever-growing fulfillment network. As a Program Manager you will oversee and manage technology rollouts by partnering with various team members across TOM and Technology (Tech) organization. These large-scale projects will impact how we operate at hundreds of TOM managed Yards. Come join us building out these innovative solutions in the TOM network!
Key job responsibilities
- Project manage successful launch of the program at multiple buildings across the network
- Build project plans, balancing business needs with project risks and resource availability
- Coordinate cross-team efforts at a global scale to drive standardization
- Identify appropriate performance metrics for each program and ensure consistent measurement and accountability
- Travel up to 50% as needed to analyze, implement and monitor best practice solutions
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years experience extracting and processing data using SQL
- 1+ years experience using a modern programming language (Python, or C#)
- 1+ year of experience of using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft Excel
- Customer service and project management experience
- 3+ years’ experience planning, scheduling and auditing overall facilities/maintenance activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.