Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work.
Assists the Assistant Manager to supervise processors and donation attendants and coordinate production activities to include, but not limited to, salvage/recycling production, hanging standards, receiving of donations, pricing standards, and warehouse maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist to oversee the production process for all donation functions, inventory control, and adherence to the agency's production procedures.
- Supervises and trains employees in the proper processing and pricing guidelines.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production, and closing operations including work on weekends and holidays.
- Fulfils the duties of all production staff (if needed) to include providing excellent customer service to donors, greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles, completing donor receipts, sorting and processing donated items into designated categories, and pricing donated items.
- Maintain production levels and quality of merchandise to the sales floor, including appropriate display of donated goods.
- Assist in completing store reports, maintaining production records, and other accounting duties.
- Inform employees of store and production goals and assigns duties to ensure goals are met.
Responsible for supervising and training all or some of the following positions: Donation Attendant, Merchandise Processor, Sales Associate.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform simple math computations, including percentages.
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 35 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift).
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule.
- Health insurance – Coverage as low as $9.00 per paycheck
- Company paid life insurance
- FREE Career Training
- FREE Employee Assistance Program
- FREE access to a Career Coach
- FREE opportunities to attend classes at our Technical Academy
We look forward to hearing from you and having you as part of our Goodwill Team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.