About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role: The Procurement Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring, training and support, and closure of projects specific to the Procurement Team. This Project Manager will play a key role in the day-to-day oversight of campus-based functions related to enterprise level procurement, including, but not limited to furniture, instructional materials (including textbooks), school start-up kits, and student uniforms.
The Procurement Project Manager will be responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with key vendor partners as well as other members of IDEA’s Operations and Program, and campus-facing Business Clerks. The Procurement Project Manager will ensure that projects are completed on schedule and hold internal and external stakeholders accountable to meeting deadlines.
Project Delivery: Ensure that all Procurement projects are developed, documented, managed, updated, and communicated.
- Project Planning – Develop a comprehensive end-to-end project plan for each stream of procurement that the department oversees.
- Project Management – Learn, use, and update the Project Management platform on an on-going basis to ensure clarity of status for all stakeholders
- Tracking and Monitoring – Increase the visibility and status of all orders for both internal and external partners.
- Communication – Leverage existing and develop new operating mechanism to ensure that key stakeholders have information communicated to them in a consistent and timely manner.
Beginning of Year (BoY) Delivery: 100% of furniture, textbooks and instructional materials, and school start-up kits are delivered, installed, and ready for use two weeks before the First Day of School.
- 100% of schools have the appropriate furniture ordered, installed, delivered, and set-up according to ideal classroom configurations two weeks before the first day of school.
- 100% of schools have the textbooks and instructional materials delivered to the correct instructional staff in the correct classrooms two weeks before the first day of school.
- 100% of launching schools have their operational start-up kits delivered and ready two weeks before the first day of school.
- 100% of launching school front offices have the technology, systems, and supplies to ensure delivery of high-quality customer service.
Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders throughout the centralized procurement process.
- Develop and implement training for campus-based staff on the centralized procurement process from forecasting and ordering through delivery, setup, and warranty phases.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for campuses on the day-to-day tactical execution of the process.
- Engage vendors during the procurement process to answer questions, provide documentation, status updates, and deadlines to ensure a smooth and efficient procurement process.
- Gather feedback from internal stakeholders throughout the process to support recap sessions between IDEA and vendors at the end of the procurement season.
Creating Efficiency: Collaborate with other departments within Operations to determine opportunities to grow the scope of the department.
- Focusing on Auxiliary Services, develop a comprehensive list of supplies, materials, and vendors used by multiple departments to better leverage purchasing power.
- Identify opportunities within Operations that the Procurement Team can more effectively manage and execute upon thereby allowing other departments to focus on their core work.
- Working with the Logistics Department, identify an approach to more effectively and reallocate existing resources on campuses to reduce waste.
- Assist in vision setting and articulation of the Procurement Department goals for the broader organization.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Cross-functional Project Management and Change Management
- Vendor Management
- Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, with a background in liberal arts or business preferred.
- CAPM required, PMP preferred
- 5-10 years of formal work experience with at least 3 to 5 years of project management experience in a medium to large organization. Formal experience in lean project management strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Project management acumen in both theory and day-to-day practical application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and balance multiple long-term projects while prioritizing daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High familiarity with Microsoft 365, particularly with Excel
- Strong vendor management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $ and $, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational goal attainment.