Job Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
We’re here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world turning. They’re the companies who make, deliver, and sell the things we all need. They trust Epicor to help them do business better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs, and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We accelerate every customer’s ambitions, whether to grow and transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That’s what makes us the essential partners for the world’s most essential businesses.
- About the Role:This hands-on position will provide crucial input & leadership for a strategic cloud-native initiative. In addition, your experience with cloud tooling, processes, and best practices will be critical to the initiative’s success and you will have a direct opportunity to be a highly-valued contributor on a fast-paced and growing project team.
- What You’ll Do:
- Encourage innovation and implementation of cutting-edge technologies within cloud-based environments.
- Automate build & deployment processes.
- Install system patches and perform application installations.
- Assist with managing operational environments as code moves through various stages of the release cycle.
- Definition, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions, addressing business needs.
- Work closely with the engineering group to solve server, environmental and deployment issues.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of DevOps solutions.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience designing & implementing mission-critical Cloud-native applications
- Experience working with cloud providers with a strong preference for AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools.
- Able to maintain Windows and Linux based application environments.
- Experience with Config management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with Database Administration, SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience using Agile (Scrum) practices.
- Experience working with Git version control.
- Strong Bash and Linux skills.
- Knowledge of orchestrated application deployment using Dockers containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience deploying and monitoring services and the web applications that they support.
- Ability to communicate core DevOps concepts.
- Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Expertise with infrastructure management using Terraform.
- Experience with the HashiStack toolset (Consul, Vault, etc).
Requisition Number: 21000113
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.