Infoblox is seeking a Data Architect to join our Architecture team. The Data Architect is a thought leader responsible for executing the technical aspects of Infoblox's Data Strategy.
The Data Architect will develop a company-wide data architecture, data governance process, extensions to our existing Data Lake, and will produce the data model artifacts as part of the architecture process. In this role, you will be part of the Architecture team and work with the best of the technical and thought leadership teams at Infoblox.
- Manage the data architecture which spans both Engineering developed Products, as well as traditional IT Business Applications
- Although the primary focus will be on the Products, there will also be a need to focus on the Business Applications as they become more integrated with our SaaS Solutions
- Establish and promote data standards in terms of nomenclature and target state data architectures which include describing data models, data flows, processing and usage
- Develop diagrams representing key data entities and their relationships
- Define data flows, originating parties and processes, entities requiring data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Collaborate with solution architects, software engineers, product managers, and business analysts to understand the current and future data and system needs of the business
- 15+ years of experience in data architecture and data modeling
- Expert knowledge of database structure systems and data processing
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing and ETL/ELT
- Extensive experience designing data systems/solutions to manage data in complex, distributed, and massively parallel systems
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, and frameworks for the mining, cleansing, and exploration of data
- Experience with managing data models that extend across a polyglot persistence infrastructure
- An understanding of data virtualization solutions is highly desirable
- Strong experience with cloud technologies and microservice architecture
- Proven experience developing big data solutions
- Experience with data sovereignty and data security aspects are highly desirable
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.