SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Stonegate Surgery Center is a beautiful Ambulatory Surgical Center in Austin, Texas. We have five OR Suites and specialize in orthopedic, podiatry, plastics and pain management procedures. We are currently searching for a FT or PT Registered Nurses for Pre-Op/PACU. We are open Monday through Friday.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Preop –PACU-Recovery Registered Nurse position will provide support to the facility by providing preoperative and postoperative RN duties. This position will includes but is not limited to preoperative phone calls, preoperative admission assessment and IV start, PACU recovery, and discharge in all areas of the facility as assigned.
- Provides direct clinical patient care to surgical patients in the preoperative and postoperative care areas.
- Prepares the clinical area for patients and procedures each day (assuring all supplies and equipment is present and ready).
- Assisting with efficient turn-over of beds between cases to prepare for the next patient.
- Accurate and legible documentation in the medical record.
- Communicates effectively with department teammates, physician offices and patients to assure continuity of patient care.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of Texas;
- 1 year Preop and/or Recovery Experience PREFERRED;
- ACLS and PALS, BLS REQUIRED (within 90 days):
- Ambulatory Surgery experience strongly preferred.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY
Please send resumes to Lisa.Canady@scasurgery.com