PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer of award-winning casual games for mobile and social platforms, including POP! Slots, myVEGAS Slots, myVEGAS Blackjack, and my KONAMI Slots. The apps are powered by the company’s groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from more than 70 iconic hospitality, entertainment, and leisure brands across 15 countries and four continents. playAWARDS partners include MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resorts World, Gray Line Tours, and Hippodrome Casino, among others. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS apps combine the best elements of popular social games with exciting casino gaming mechanics. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit www.playstudios.com
PLAYSTUDIOS is seeking a Platform Reliability Engineer to join the server development team in Austin. This role focuses on ensuring systems availability and performance.
The Platform Reliability Engineer will work directly with engineering stakeholders to develop specifications, Project Managers to scope and schedule deliverables, and QA Testers to deliver high quality technology.
PLAYSTUDIOS has a deep passion for quality and we want someone with a high personal bar.
- Monitor live services for availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Act on threats to system health by informing stakeholders, and alerting and collaborating with developers.
- Instrument systems and create dashboards to monitor KPIs and trigger alerts based on thresholds.
- Advocate for changes in systems to increase reliability, scalability, and efficiency.
- Identify and champion best practices for systems instrumentation to facilitate monitoring.
- Support critical releases, occasionally outside of core work hours.
- Participate in design reviews for proposed software to ensure scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Work with project manager to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining monitoring and reporting software.
- Advanced knowledge of an object-oriented language such as C# or Java.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database query mechanics.
- Understanding of RESTful or similar request-response server systems.
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP technologies and REST/JSON interfaces.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- BS in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with C# 6+.
- Experience with Nagios, Prometheus, or Grafana.
- Development experience using ASP.NET Web API 2.
- Experience with log aggregators like Splunk or Logstash.
- Experience integrating monitoring systems with 3rd party team collaboration and messaging systems.
- Knowledge of architectural techniques for highly scalable backend systems.
- Experience in developing software for Windows Server, Linux, or macOS.
- Fluency in writing and maintaining unit tests.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Great downtown Austin location with extensive nearby dining options and vibrant nightlife.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Catered lunches multiple times per week.
- Snacks and drinks available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative work space.
- Commuter benefits program.
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.