Payroll Admin – Austin, TX Ref: USA00709
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Gathers and inputs employee data needed for processing payroll
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters payroll information and equipment hours in a timely and accurate manner; ensures the integrity of payroll data though use of SAP and ADP.
- Balances and reconciles payroll records; analyzes reports to identify errors and resolves and adjusts discrepancies.
- Researches and resolves routine payroll questions and issues from managers and staff.
- Complies with payroll company standards and practices.
- Maintains a consistent information flow between payroll, HR, and other departments as needed.
- Record submits and maintains all employee payroll deductions.
- Inputs new hires, changes, and terminations; confirms required documentation/approvals have been received.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information and to perform with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong understanding of payroll principles and standards.
- Ability to carefully follow procedure and standards.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills. Must have the ability to grasp facts, processes, procedures in a changing environment very quickly; a quick learner.
- Ability to multi-task and thrives in an environment where numerous tasks and projects are occurring simultaneously.
- Familiarity with payroll systems/software.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma; college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years corporate payroll and human resource experience.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- The hours for the position will be 10 – 7 pm (ish) to cover the California business. Also, weekend coverage on an as needed basis.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.