Oracle ERP Infrastructure Architecture Manager
We are a passionate team of doers that apply cutting-edge advances in Supply Chain technology to solve real-world problems and transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Infrastructure Architecture Manager, Supply Chain Technology, you will be working with a unique and gifted team and collaborating with cross-functional teams. You will be primarily responsible for leading our Enterprise Resource Planning Infrastructure Architecture team responsible for design, build and support the Oracle ERP technology stack. Infrastructure Architecture team will focus on enabling Oracle ERP footprint within AWS, will have the opportunity to help deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon EBS). Ensure delivery of solution design and enhancement artifacts align to established design standards within the organization and best leverage the capabilities of ERP for future growth. You will be eliminating implementation obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches, ensure deployment readiness for each functional area, assess risks, develop mitigation plans, and communicate efficiently and professionally. You will provide architectural guidance to a team of Oracle functional analysts covering all aspects of multiple locations. Ensure delivery of solution design and enhancement artifacts align to established design standards within the organization and best leverage the capabilities of Oracle EBS for future growth.
You will be a catalyst for effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment, and will invent mechanisms and processes for speed and scale in our context. Our fast-paced team offers great opportunities for self-driven and results-oriented individuals who are not afraid of big challenges, love to innovate, are focused on excellent customer experiences, and can successfully complex drive programs from start to finish.
The right candidate has a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in ERP solutions. You develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, and you also enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 9+ years of technical program management experience
- 10+ years’ experience and deep knowledge of Oracle E-Business suite technology stack
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle ERP infrastructure, designing highly availably architectures, and migrations.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
- Lead, mentor and energize high performance Oracle ERP DBA and Systems Administrators team across geographies to manage large, complex mission critical ERP environments
- Identify resourcing, assign individual responsibilities, and develop schedule to ensure smooth operations and timely completion of projects deliverables
- Work with application and security teams to promptly address security vulnerabilities issues protecting ERP applications, database, infrastructure and technology stack.
- Champion the adoption of new technologies and develop per, cross-functional and cross-business relationship to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
- Reduce operational cycle time and drive simplification through implementation to automation solutions
- Partner with Oracle ERP application teams, shared services, core technology peers and Oracle in design, development, implementation and operational support of Oracle ERP technology solutions.
- Manage architecture and operations activates to ensure ERP compute infrastructure is used efficiently and produces a long – term business benefit.
- Maintain and apply current knowledge of information technology; keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and help determine if/hoe they can be used to add value to the business.
- 10+ years' experience within Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) applications environment (installation, configuration, upgrade, patching).
- Preferably R12.2.x environment with Database 19c
- Experience in designing, developing, and testing updates and new enhancements within RDBMS and Oracle DB Concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software system
- Demonstrated ability to manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas