Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- A 143-bed facility that offers a wide range of specialty and diagnostic services
- An established team of 15 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU
- Hospitalists run codes
- No procedures required
- Level II trauma center
- Nights only; 7on/7off
- Internal medicine trained physicians only
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians' Path to Partnership™ track
• attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Round Rock, Texas, with a population of around 105,000, is located 15 miles north of Austin in the Central Texas hill country. Round Rock is the 31st largest city in Texas, according to the 2010 U.S. Census Bureau data. Major employers include Dell, Sears Teleserv, Emerson and Texas Guaranteed Student Loan. Its combined property tax and utility rates are among the lowest in the region. It has an award-winning park system, school district and is one of the safest cities with a population of at least 100,000 population in the United States. Round Rock is one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, and one of the best-managed cities in Texas. The city has maintained a high quality of life while becoming a major center for economic growth in Central Texas, with industry clusters in Clean Energy, Advanced Manufacturing, Life Sciences, and Computer/Software Development. A short drive away, Austin is the state capital of Texas, an inland city bordering the Hill Country region. Home to the University of Texas flagship campus, Austin is known for its eclectic live-music scene centered around country music, blues, and rock. Its many parks and lakes are popular for hiking, biking, swimming, and boating. South of the city, Formula One's Circuit of the Americas raceway has hosted the United States Grand Prix.
Awards and Accolades
When it comes to health care, Hill Country Memorial (HCM) offers remarkable unparalleled care and a top reputation nationally. HCM has received many awards and certifications. In 2018 Hill Country Memorial was named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals for the seventh time by Watson Health and recognized by Women's Choice Award as one of American's 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience for the fifth consecutive time.
- Ranked High Performing in U.S. News & World Report
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission Quality Award
- Hospitals & Health Networks' Health Care's Most Wired, 2016
- Leadership Excellence Award, 2016
- Patient Experience of Quality, Professional Resource Consultants, 2015
- Texas Business Star Award, 2016
- Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Silver Plus Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll, 2014