Vital Farms, a Certified B Corp and pioneer of pasture-raising, offers a range of ethically sourced products nationwide. Started on a single farm in Austin, Texas in 2007, we were recently recognized as a Forbes Small Giant due to our exceptional growth and conscious business practices. We’re THE leading producer of pasture-raised eggs in the country and in 2018 became the first brand to offer pasture-raised ready-to-eat hard-boiled eggs. We introduced a pasture-raised, American-made butter in 2015 and most recently launched pasture-raised ghee butter. We raise the welfare standards for happy, healthy hens and contented cows, with products of exceptional taste and nutrition. Our products are sold in more than 10,000 grocery stores nationwide. Our corporate office is in south Austin (TX). Our state-of-the-art Production facility, Egg Central Station (ECS) is located in Springfield, MO.
This individual will grow our Grocery presence in accounts that are both corporate and store level calls in addition to managing the white space of natural accounts pulling from UNFI & KEHE. A successful candidate will have strong sales experience managing and influencing brokers or retail teams, relationships with natural customers, and ability to connect and influence store level decision makers. Collaboration with Distributor Manager & Shopper Marketing is critical to both success and Vital Farms culture.
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and maintaining rapport with NCG, INFRA, Natural Grocers, ION group, key independent customers, and distributors; identify new customer opportunities
- Store level sell and perform retail level store checks in all markets to gain distribution and uncover opportunities
- Execute distributor/broker calendar for each customer. Enhance as opportunities arise that make sense financially.
- Input and maintain customer promos in AFS with forecast via brokers and distributor manager
- Track KPI goals via UNFI & KEHE tools, turnover reports, and survey.com initiatives on new distribution
- Create meaningful presentations for category reviews, broker/retail rep education, and store level quick sells utilizing category, brand, and item insights to capitalize on opportunities
- Manage and support a broker network, including setting standards and performing reviews
- Partner with marketing on impactful shopper marketing on Vital Farm priorities at strategic accounts
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience calling at store level and customer level preferably within the natural channel. Preference given to candidates with experience working with the following accounts: UNFI, KEHE, NCG, INFRA, Natural Grocers
- At least three years of grocery sales experience in the food industry; Dairy/Refrigerated experience preferred.
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading broker and distributor relationships.
- Ability to navigate Excel tools showing consumer data to track KPIs.
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Willing to cold call.
- Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Proficient in Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc.)
- Ability to travel as needed for customer tabletops, appointments, etc. Anticipate 50-75% travel.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: listening, presentation, negotiation, customer service, selling, communication, organization.
- Pac North, Denver, Chicago, MW are ideal locations. Consideration will be given to candidates in big cities with airport access and strong natural customer base.
Vital Farms will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to “bring ethically produced food to the table,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.