FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Nights, 6p-6a
Perform preventive maintenance duties; make repairs and modifications to production equipment; troubleshoot, check out and start up new plant equipment. Upgrade skill level in production maintenance to keep up with advances in technology and automation in the production processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make repairs or modifications to production equipment utilizing the following skills: read pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical schematics; utilize basic electronic test equipment (volt/ohm and amp meter); pneumatics and electrical controls, pipefitting, welding and mechanics.
- Assist with installation checkout, and start-up of new or modified plant production equipment.
- Perform PM's on production equipment and determine by these regular inspections, the repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent failure of production equipment. Must effectively and efficiently determine equipment issues to minimize downtime and manage cost.
- Complete required documentation of PM's on time and accurately.
- Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot production equipment/process to make repairs to minimize downtime.
- Effectively communicate verbal and/or written information/issues, to supervisor/manager and peers in a professional manner regarding equipment repairs or problems.
- Order maintenance machine parts. Track and turn in repair parts.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor or Manager with facts and details for formal investigations.
- Upload and download PLC programs.
- Record all downtime on the appropriate form for reporting to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Train other mechanics as requested, must be a qualified fellow employee (QFE).
- Maintain plant tools and tool boxes in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to cGMP guidelines, SOP's and plant policies/rules.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of employees.
- Following problem analysis, identify routine maintenance corrective actions
- Recognize problem trends and propose solutions. Incumbent must be able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written form the nature of the problem and proposed resolutions.
- Evaluate rejects to determine corrective action.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to use tools such as, but not limited to, volt-meters, amp meters VPU's microprocessors, hand tools, welders, sheet metal equipment calipers, and micrometers.
- Must be able to work with all customers and peers to understand situations and properly communicate issues and resolution.
- Must be able to use computer software including word processing, work order processing (CMMS), and e-mail required.
- Must be able to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and functions of industry standard symbols.
- Must have a basic understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC) and variable frequency drives (VFD) operation and setup
- Ability to use Outlook mail required.
- Basic understanding of DOS computer language preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime during the week and on weekends, adjust schedule quickly and willing to be called in to meet operational demands to minimize downtime. Provide company with current working phone number.
- May be required to become Qualified Fellow Employee (QFE) and forklift operator.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required. An associate's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Minimum two years related industrial mechanical or industrial electrical experience OR completion of two year applicable technical school and one year related industrial mechanical or industrial electrical experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must pass technical skills test.
- Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work environment can range from clean room and proper gowning requirements to a production area that is open, potentially noisy, and with moving equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, be able to lift and move equipment/parts up to 600 lbs. assisted.
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.